600mm f4。 Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM Lens Review

AF

Changed the tape often to prevent gunk buildup. Distortion is also negligible. Then show them the pictures you have taken with your 600. To get the lens and camera to balance on my gimbal head I had to move the lens a fair way back in the clamp. 8feet Mount Sony E Tripod Collar Fixed and Rotating Weight 6. Good in-the-field cases for the 600 IS L include the , and. You will not want to carry the 600 IS mounted to your camera body using the camera body's neck strap to support the entire weight. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Lenses• When Full-Time Direct Manual Focus is engaged, you can instantly switch from autofocus to manual-focus mode by simply rotating the focus ring. There is some CA in harsh light it's not DA coatings but it's minime and can remove it. This glass filter is also a nice way to catch dust before it drops deep inside the lens. I used the original Wimberly head with an RRS clamp and extended length foot plate which allowed me to adjust the lens to its balance point when balance changed due to extended hood or extra weight at camera end. Autofocus Stop buttons near the objective lens allow autofocus to be temporarily stopped. 0 Minimum Focusing Distance 14. Fast, accurate, quiet autofocus with full-time manual focusing• 4" Extra Low-Dispersion Elements 2 Extreme Aspherical Elements 1 Filter Size 40. Key features include:• It has the reach needed for - and is commonly used for - bird photography, small and distant animal photography, surf photography from shore , long distance sports photography and many other similar pursuits. It is not fun to carry especially knowing the financial loss involved with a drop. The focus ring and the many switches resident on the lens all work smoothly. Other good support solutions include ground pods, car mounts and bean bags. 00 Rating: 10 Pros: Very very sharp. Handling could be better especially getting the lens hood up. 6x Digital SLR should be able to get even tighter framing without the 1. Break my bank for it but Don't regret it. The lens comes with two rear filter holders, one which takes ordinary filters, and the other which has a permanently affixed circular polarizer and a wheel that allows to turn the filter when mounted. Large field sports are another common target of this lens for full-frame body users. The foot itself is removable with a hex key wrench. Track fast moving subjects—even those moving erratically, at random speeds or approaching the camera quickly—with tack-sharp AF precision. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Accessories• The 600 IS L is a significant piece of equipment to transport - especially if the weight is on you. A specialized Sports Mode is optimized for camera pans and fast-action sports, and the Tripod Mode eliminates the subtle ground vibrations that are constantly passing through a tripod or monopod. Bird photographers love this lens - prior to the introduction of the , it was the ultimate tool for this type of photography. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. 89 Rental Period Lenscap Rental Price Total Price Price Per Day Approx. 5mm Fluorite Elements 3 Focal Length 600. Even use SPORT VR when shooting HD video. The 600 IS L knows that a tripod is being used when vibrations go below a certain level. And if you are super strong, you will want to use the tripod ring to rest on your hand with your elbow on your hip for support. The bare 500 has some pincushion distortion that counters the 1. Pressing the Focus Preset button quickly sets focus to the pre-programmed distance. Need a good tripod and a good head to hold this 6kg lense! Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation My Account Unrecognized When you're at the top of your game, you need gear that can keep up. 6" 168mm in diameter and 18" 456mm in length without the attached. Other times I got an old large baby buggy at Goodwill, with spring suspension and large wheels, and happily carted my baby lens and monopod down the path to the pond. Although it is for the long focal length that many people buy the 600 IS L, its image quality is excellent as well. You might want to use this feature if you have a perch set up for birds to land on. Track subjects easier when shooting in Continuous mode and as an added benefit with the D4S, the continuous shooting frame rates and release lag time are not affected while using VR. Eliminating is generally desired when photographing birds and similar subjects. The size of the 600 IS L is apparent in the above comparison photo with the large above left. Respond politely and don't worry about it. Most people find the 600 IS L too heavy to shoot handheld with for any length of time. Aperture F32 Focusing AF screwdrive Quick-shift No Min. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Deals• Versatile Super-Telephoto Prime. Filter drawer was a pain, but that was an easy fix. Big up Jun Hirakawa to made this lense of all the time! When the bird lands, simply turn the white knurled playback ring on the end of the lens and shoot. During high-speed continuous shooting, the electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism operates in sync with the camera shutter for fast automatic exposure control and consistency between shots, even when using a compatible teleconverter. If you can get past its size, weight and price, the 600 IS L, does not leave much to be disappointed in. The rental companies I recommend below are excellent to work with. Canon has made an effort to keep the 600 IS L as light as possible without sacrificing strength by utilizing a Magnesium alloy lens barrel. 5x I had worked, but as a 4-element it was not great. The carbon fiber is very light and very expensive to replace. I frequently use the with this lens to allow tighter framing of small birds - some additional vignetting can be expected if using a full frame body with this combination. When used on a full-frame camera, the FE 600mm is an ideal choice for sports, news, wildlife, and nature photography. Mode 2 IS allows panning with a moving subject. I shoot sports with this lens mounted on a. The lens incorporates an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism. 6 full frame can use F4 without loss quality I bought a bag for 600mm to care it and walk around. The Tufted Titmouse picture above was taken with the 600 IS L mounted on a which was mounted on a. With 600mm of focal length, you can shoot a large portion of a full-size soccer, football, baseball. There is noticeably more barrel distortion when using the 1. 4x with the 600mm on a Full Frame body than with the on the same body. This value is achieved when: FX-format compatible lenses are attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera. It's very sharp at F4 with nice contrast, extremelly sharp from F5. 00 Rating: 9 Pros: -Excelent image quality Cons: -Lens hood design Sharpness: 10 Aberrations: 9 Bokeh: 9 Autofocus: 9 Handling: 7 Value: 9 New or Used: Used Camera Used: K3 and K5 I can agree with all of the other post but overall this is a excellent lens. Schedule your rental now: Using these links for your rental. The 600 IS has very decent sharpness wide open including wide open full frame corners and improves some until stopped down 1 f-stop or so. 00 Rating: 10 Pros: F4, Sharp at all apertures, bokeh, compatible X-L converters, colors, crisp rendering. The combo with the excellent 1. Keep IS turned on when mounting the 600 IS L on a tripod to take advantage of this secondary IS mode - reducing mirror slap, shutter and tripod vibrations. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Support• optics Cons: that silly filter drawer that goes rolling down the hill I have to rate this a 10. 00 Rating: 10 Pros: Decent min focus distance; ex. I have used a 170mm Arca Swiss plate and this seems to be the best option. The camera body should be set to autofocus. And the autofocus motor has no problem keeping up with the fast action. The pad provides a better grip in addition to being more gentle on your fingers. You will want to use it for protection and improved contrast. I do not find that this lens suffers there. While a lesser tripod and head may hold this lens, it will allow image-quality-reducing vibrations. 6, but not enough so for sharpness to be a big differentiator. 2' 1m closer to the subject 14. Pair that with the latest in lens innovation and optical precision for the ideal lens choice for outdoor sports, action and nature photographers who need the reach a 600mm focal length will provide. This tripod ring or collar has positive stops at each 90 degree setting as it rotates. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Sport Optics• Image results will show a noticeable amount of sharpness and contrast loss. Of course, an extension tube can be used to allow closer focusing higher image magnification, tighter subject framing. some of the other reviewers have commented on the filter holder at the back of the lens falling out, the holder on my copy is very tight so not a problem. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel. 7" Lens Type Supertelephoto Max Aperture 4. For this reason, many photographers choose the slightly shorter focal length. 3 lbs less than the 600 and measures 5. Reduce blur caused by camera movement, even in low light. When properly mounted on this recommended setup, the 600 IS L can be positioned with two fingers - and ball head-flop is not a concern. 12x maximum magnification spec. The in-lens stabilizer allows you to shoot at lower shutter speeds without having to worry about camera shake. Noisy and fairly slow AF, but for what I use it for nature the speed is usually not a problem. The 500 IS is shown with a attached, the 600 IS is shown with a attached. AF accuracy is excellent in both one-shot and AI Servo modes. You switch between autofocus and manual focus by pushing the focusing forwards autofocus or pulling it towards the camera manual focus. The protective front meniscus is coated with Nikon's nonstick Fluorine coat, which makes it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges. The Tripod VR function even eliminates the vibrations that may transfer from the ground to the tripod in both Normal and SPORT VR modes. The 600 IS L's Focus Preset feature allows a specific focus distance to be programmed into the lens. You risk damaging the lens mount on the body. Although using the 600 IS tripod-mounted on the Wimberley Head is effortless, getting the rig to your shooting location is not. Photographers need gear that can withstand the elements. The primary reason to remove it is for replacement with a specially designed lens plate foot such as one made by Wimberley. The 600 IS L utilizes 52mm drop-in filters and comes equipped with a drop-in gel filter holder with a glass filter installed. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Services• Even with the 600 L IS mounted on a tripod, IS helps stop vibrations as the IS version on this lens is tripod-sensing. 6 to F11, F9 is the best in terms of sharpness. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Cameras• 00 Rating: 9 Pros: Sharp, well made, tough Cons: Hood could use improvemnt, filter drawer Sharpness: 9 Aberrations: 9 Bokeh: 9 Autofocus: 8 Handling: 9 Value: 9 New or Used: New Camera Used: Many A little soft at F4, but great from F5. A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Collapse main navigation Expand main navigation Education• The rounded eleven-blade aperture diaphragm produces smooth out-of-focus highlights, and the Nano AR and fluorine coatings keep flare and ghosting at bay. It will be obvious to any photographer that this is a very high quality piece of equipment - professional grade. The lens trunk 600 is somewhat larger than the trunk use the link to see pics of the lens trunk 500 and similar in size to the trunk. 44 Rental Period Rental Price Price Per Day Approx. If there was any down side it was not the lens fault - it was Pentax fault for never introducing an AF teleconverter. Oh did I mention that it's very very heavy :lol I have now got used to the weight and find it managable to wander around with. 3x Digital SLR should be able to get similar minimum focus distance framing without the 1. 13x Filter Size 150 mm Rear: 43 mm Internal Focus Yes Field of View Diag. Both Mode 1 and 2 IS are available. So, there is little reason to remove it. I tryed the DA 560 with his "DA coatings" and his own optical formula, and there are more CA at f5. Note that this lens has been replaced by the superior. This is the fastest 600mm lens from Pentax. Also noticeable in the above photo is the padded top side of the tripod foot on these lenses. If you do not have to carry the lens far to your back yard feeders for example , the weight becomes less of a differentiating factor. And in many cases, including for financial reasons, it is still the ultimate choice. This is a lens built for tough assignments. CA Chromatic Aberration is very well controlled. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization• 4X-L is perfect, to have a 840mm f5. Limiting the focus distance range can improve focus lock times and reduce focus hunting. Excellent for sports, news, wildlife, and nature photography• Or, would you feel more comfortable buying after having a hands-on trial period? Got a roll of gaffer tape to secure the filter. Like the rest of the Canon Super Telephoto lenses, the 600 IS L is compatible with the Canon EF Extenders. 14x Plan on using a and a with this lens. The 600 IS L is frequently carried upside down with the tripod foot acting as a handle. Ball bearings in the tripod collar ring ensure smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting. This feature is handy when tracking action in AI Servo mode and one-shot-style focus is needed for a specific situation - perhaps a focus-and-recompose portrait of a motionless person, bird, landscape or other subject. I used mine for several years and never had anything but praise for its images, even at f4 mine was considered sharp. I should note that Canon uses a protective front lens element in the 600 IS. A 3-position focus limiter switch allows focusing distances to be limited to a specific distance range - or to be unlimited. You can choose between three image-stabilization options: Mode 1, which is suited to most types of shooting; Mode 2, which is specifically intended for use with panning movements; and Mode 3, which provides a more stable viewfinder image for easier framing of action shots. It is not removable on this lens nor the 500. A new magnesium alloy lens barrel design and the incorporation of fluorite elements makes it nearly 3 pounds lighter than its predecessor. Combining a relatively wide 8-blade aperture with 600mm telescopic compression can turn a background into a beautiful, smooth blur. Extreme Dynamic Autofocus System. This popular 600mm prime lens has been optimized for today's high-resolution image sensors and fast shooting Nikon DSLRs, elevating your ability to quickly capture stunning images. The is probably the most-used drop-in filter available for this lens.。 。

もっと

SMC Pentax

。 。

もっと

SMC Pentax

もっと

AF

。 。

もっと

SMC Pentax

。 。

もっと